Home  >  Company Information  >  Company History

Company History

1885 The founder of Taki Chemical, Kumejiro Taki, starts manufacturing bone meal as Japan's first man-made fertilizer.
1890 Start of superphosphate production from bone meal.
1893 Registration of the (mythopoeic spades) as the company's trademark with the Ministry of Agriculture and Commerce.
1898 Completion of plant for the production of superphosphate from phosphate rocks
1903 Start of manufacture of the "Kokonoe Fertilizer" (Mixed Fertilizer) in commemoration of the dispatch of a special envoy to the company by the Emperor Meiji.
1916 Start of manufacture of the "Shikishima Fertilizer" (Mixed Fertilizer)
1918 Reorganization of the company into Taki Fertilizer Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (Capital: one million yen).
1944 Joint establishment with Sumitomo Chemical Corporation of Sumitomo-Taki Chemical Co., Ltd. (now: Sumitomo Seika Chemicals Co., Ltd.)
1947 The Emperor Showa honors the company with an official visit.
1950 Start of manufacture of chemical fertilizers
1959 Completion of plant for the exclusive production of organic compounds.
1963 Completion of high-analysis mixed fertilizer plant
1964 Completion of gypsum board plant
1969 Completion of PAC plant at Head Factory
1970 Completion of the Chiba PAC plant
1971 Completion of aluminum phosphate plant
1974 Change of company name to Taki Chemical Co., Ltd.
1988 Completion of Shopping Center "Green Plaza Befu"
1989 Completion of plant for the production of briquette fertilizers
1994 Completion of plant for the production of granular fertilizers
1996 Completion of the Kyushu PAC plant
2000 Completion of new plant for the production of hyperpure metal oxides
2001 Registration of Serunaegenki (Healthy Cell Seeding) as a microbial pesticide
2004 Completion of the Medical Material Research Center
2007 Completion of plant for the high purity basic aluminum chloride.
Completion of large-scale sports shop and specialty store building
in the shopping center.
2008 Joint establishment with Sumitomo Chemical Corporation of T.S.Aguro Co.,Ltd.

PageTop